Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A quick weekend getaway

We spent last weekend in Ocean City, NJ.  Thursday was our 20th anniversary so we did what anyone would do and took the kids with us to the beach.  We usually go by ourselves but it just wasn't in the cards this year.

It was a beautiful weekend.

The beach was lovely.  The waves were fun and the water was cool.  Maybe 66 degrees but I'll go in as long as it's above freezing. 

I also made this pretty vignette...tiny, tiny shells.
We went out to dinner on Saturday but there was nothing special enough to take a picture of.  Why places say things are spicy when they are not even close, I'll never know.  And I fall for it every time and I'm always disappointed.  You'd think I'd learn but I keep trying to find the perfect spicy item.  I usually have to make my own.

1 comment: