Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015

Like most people, I have lots of things that I'd like to be better at this year than last.  2014 was not a kind year to our family so I'm hoping that things will be a little smoother this year.

My first big thing to learn is how to be a better photographer.  It's readily apparent that I'm not very good at it.  Just take a look at my crumb cake pictures.  Also, it's hard to photograph food at night and since I don't get to stay home all day, sometimes I only have the evenings.  And I don't have any professional lighting.  Just a Nikon DSLR and a couple of lenses.  Anyway, that's my first thing to improve upon.

The second thing I need to do is stay away from the sugar/carbs and wine.  I have a sweet tooth like nobody's business.  It's a shame really.  I KNOW I shouldn't eat so much sugar and I exercise all the time.  Like 5 or 6 days a week and I'm not happy with myself.  (I know it's not about how you look but how you feel...still...I'm extremely hard on myself.  Always have been).  In order to help with this I'm trying to cut down on eating the sweets.  I have two teenage boys who can eat all the time so I'll still bake stuff.  I just won't eat all of it.  I also just ordered a veggie spiralizer.  It's coming tomorrow.  I realize it's probably stupid but I thought I might try it out for a replacement for spaghetti.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Could be fun.  I'm on a mission to keep my hand out of the cookie jar and far away from the carbs that don't really do much for you.  At least for a few weeks!

Besides those two things I would really like to take this year as an opportunity to entertain more and try to not flip out about all of the things that aren't perfect in my house.  Unless I win the lottery, there is always going to be something that's less than perfect.  It's just life.  I would like to have more fun this year so hopefully we can make some time to do something once or twice a month.  As I mentioned above, we had a rough time in 2014 so we're trying to make an effort to carve out some fun stuff this year.  Plus, will anyone really remember if your baseboards are perfectly dust free or will they remember that they had good food and good company?  Hopefully the latter.

My final thing I would like to improve upon is this blog.  I would love to be able to be organized enough to post a couple of times a week.  That's my goal anyway.  I'm giving myself the month of January to get things together and then I'll see how it goes.  It's good to have goals!

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and your 2015 is starting off in a positive way.  Did you make any lists or resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment